Museum of Natural Science 12th Annual NatureFEST! April 14 | Events
The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science has released the date and details for it's 12th Annual NatureFEST!
The festival invites the whole family to come out Saturday, April 14 to spend the day in the middle of nature.
Enjoy all the festivities for the regular museum admission. The fun begans at 10 a.m. and lasts until 5 p.m. The first 500 participates will recieve $2 off admission.
The museum says activities will include:
- Take the Jim Henson’s Dinosaur Train Nature Trackers Club Challenge, try canoeing, and explore the far reaches of the Museum's nature trails.
- Meet Leona the Lion, Cat in the Hat, Smokey Bear, and Inky the Clown.
- Touch real sea creatures and see live animal shows, like Rob Mies' “BioDiversity Live!”, featuring Mo the two-toed sloth. Participate in live raptor and reptile demonstrations. Watch divers feed the fish in the giant Museum aquariums.
- Shop for crafts made by the Craftsmen’s Guild of Mississippi, visit the Native Plant Sale, and buy a pair of Toms Shoes and have them painted by local artists at the Buffalo Peak Outfitters “Style Your Sole” event.
- Dig for fossils, explore the “Animal Secrets” exhibit and get their faces painted.
- Go behind the scenes with Museum scientists and researchers to learn about their unique research tools. Discover how valuable specimens in the Museum Collections are acquired and maintained.
- Canoe on the Pearl River with John Rusky of the Quapaw Canoe Company.
The museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson. Call 601.576.6000 or visit http://www.msnaturalscience.org.